In the book Multiply, Pastor Stephen Kirk writes, “The graced are indeed the best and only conduits of grace.” In Graceful Listening, you will learn the basics of being a graceful listener with:
- Your family: spouse, children (young and adult), and parents
- Your friends, teammates, boss, coworkers, clients
- All attenders of Hope Church
- People of a different race or culture
- People you disagree with in values, theology, politics, and world view
- People within your reach but outside the faith
The skills presented in Graceful Listening are foundational in developing relationships that are blessed by grace. These are called GREW skills:
Genuineness-communicating openly and honestly one’s thoughts, feelings, abilities, and capacities
Respect- communicating unconditional worth of another
Empathy-communicating accurate understanding, especially the unique thoughts and feelings of others
Warmth-communicating caring acceptance
This is a hybrid class, meaning that the lecture portion of the class will be viewed by class attendees online during the week and the in-person portion of the class will be spent reviewing the lecture material and practicing graceful listening with one another.
On behalf of the Lead Team pastors and elders, we deeply appreciate your love for the Lord and your desire to be equipped to be on mission to Multiply.
The next Graceful Listening class will take place in the spring of 2023. For any questions, please contact Shelli Doolin.
Hope Church is privileged to provide this class in partnership with Dr. Gary Sweeten and Relational Peace University. This is a hybrid class, meaning that the lecture portion of the class will be viewed by class attendees online during the week and the in-person portion of the class will be spent reviewing the lecture material and practicing Renewed Thinking with one another. The cost of this class is $24.99. Registration is done through Relational Peace University.
Our next class will take place in 2023 - check back frequently for the date!
In this class, you will learn:
- How to discern aspects of your emotions and emotions of others
- How to change behaviors and habits that are causing you anxiety or conflict in your life
- How to sharpen your skills in listening to the Holy Spirit for deeper heart issues, and to walk with God in His transformative love.
Contact Shelli Doolin with any questions!
Free English as a Second Language (ESL) Class
There will not be an ESL class at Hope Church for Fall 2022. When a decision is made for Spring 2023, more information will be provided on our website.
If you would like to be notified when classes resume at Hope, send an email to Laura at email@example.com
- Free beginner- and intermediate-level English classes for adults
- Free ESL class for children in grades 1–6
Questions? Call 513.459.0800
The following area churches also offer free English Classes:
Redeemer Cincy - in Mason - CLICK HERE for more information
- Tuesday mornings - 9:30 - 11:30 AM - ESL Life - conversations and experiences
- Thursdays 9:30 - 11:00 AM - Intermediate and Advanced Classes
- Thursdays 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM - ESL Bible Exploration
- Thursdays 7:00 - 8:30 PM - Beginner and Intermediate Classes
Lakota Hills Baptist Church - in West Chester - CLICK HERE for more information
- Sundays at 9:00 AM
- Wednesdays 6:00 - 8:15 PM - Includes a free meal and free childcare