Special Needs Ministry
Definition of Special Needs: Any child with unique needs that hinder them and their families from freely participating in church activities.
We want to see: The Gospel made accessible to all as the Body of Christ shows equal concern for people with disabilities and their families.
We aim to: Extend God’s grace by providing the care, resources, and opportunities for:
- Provide the necessary support to individuals and families with special needs in order to allow them participation in the worship service, Sunday school, and other activities of the church.
- Include children with special needs in Sunday school and worship times with their peers when possible.
- Provide other children the opportunity to show Christ's love by serving alongside children that need support in church activities.
- Show the love of Jesus Christ and present the message of salvation to everyone.
We minister because:
- No physical, mental or spiritual condition is outside the transforming power of the gospel.
- Every person bears the image of God and is infinitely valued and given purpose by Him.
- The gospel demands our compassion, not pity, and respect, not reservation, for all.
- Disabilities can be special abilities to experience God’s grace.
- People with special needs have families with special needs.
- The Body of Christ is not complete without people with special needs.
- The Body of Christ is called to fully include people with disabilities and receives blessings in return.