Ministry to Women On-ramps
What is Moto Ikebana?
Moto means origin, root or book in Japanese. It is this meaning that reflects a Christian Worldview. Ikebana is the ancient art of Japanese Flower arranging. Moto celebrated its 20th anniversary in November of 2021 and is a 501-C3 non profit which Brenda Baird is the president. Check us out on Facebook to see a video of our class and cultural feature.
When will Moto Ikebana meet?
- September 12 & 13 class times: 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 7:00 PM
- October 10 & 11 class times: 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 7:00 PM
- November 14 & 15 class times: 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 7:00 PM
- January 9 & 10 class times: 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 7:00 PM
- February 13 & 14 class times: 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 7:00 PM
- March 12 & 13 class times: 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 7:00 PM
- April 9 & 10 class times: 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 7:00 PM
- May 7 & 8 class times: 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 7:00 PM
How long is each class?
- Each class is approximately 90-minutes and includes a cultural feature, devotion, prayer, overview of design, critique, and photo of student with their Ikebana.
Where will the classes be held?
- Hope Church Campus
Are there any items that will be needed?
- A flower cutter, a bucket (to carry home flowers), cash or check, must purchase/ or have a 3 ½” round Kenzan (a Japanese pin holder - cost $25 each) - finding a container is part of the journey - inexpensive plastic type are available for purchase- or use a casserole dish.
Do I need to have experience in flowering arranging?
- No experience is necessary. Come once to see if this art form is enjoyable! If yes, then you can signup for a school year: as a member - 8 classes $35.00 OR if you travel (snow bird rate) 4 classes $20.00.
Is registration needed?
- Yes. Please contact Brenda Baird three weeks prior to the class so she can order the fresh materials or call her at 513.860.5630.
What is the cost?
- There is an annual fee of $35. Then there will be a $20-$30 fee for each design which includes flowers, foliage, and the lesson. This fee pays for printing costs, class supplies, photos, etc. All proceeds support eight different Christian ministries.
What are the age ranges of those that attend the class?
- Any women from upper grade school to 90’s and beyond. Most of our students range from their 30’s to 90’s.
Questions? Contact Brenda Baird or call her at 513.860.5630 for more information.